Sunday, October 7, 2007

Canoe Trip

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of canoeing with my dad, older brother, and younger brother. I had a big decision to make though. I had a test on monday morning that I had not yet studied for. I had to choose between spending time with my family, a thing I do not get to do much, or study for a test. In the end I decided that family time was more important than a test was. My dad had been planning this trip for a while, and I knew he was looking forward to all of us being there.
The trip was a lot of fun we traveled 25 miles down the French Broad River and even got to stop some where and camp. My brother made an awesome meal, but I guess everything taste good when you are camping. He made fajitas. We finished our last part of the trip by going down a 5 foot falls and hitting a three series rapids with are canoe tipping a few times. Luckily, we had had waster proof bags. In retrospec I think I made the right choice, even though I did not make the grade I was hopeing for on my test. The trip was well worth it.

No comments: