Monday, October 1, 2007

Interesting Resume Concepts

I read over two articles. One was about getting creative with your resumes and the other was about video resumes. These are two concept that I have never heard of. I have only heard of the conventional resume format, and that you do not want to deviate from it. All th books teach us students to do it the conservative way.

The resume about using different colored ink and making it creative blew me away. It worked for one person though. I guess a perosn would have to get bored looking at those resumes all day, but I also think they would not take the person for serious. Maybe for certain situations it would work. If you were looking for a creative person you may give it more of a look, but you would want to look at the credentials and weigh them more. Hiring someone just because of the way there resume looks would be a serious mistake.

The second article I read talke about video resumes. This worked for a girl that kept on getting rejected. Once again I think this could work for certain situations. If you were applying for a movie editing job it may be a way to show off your skills. I personally like edit film, and think this is a cool idea. The job assessor could just lean back and watch the resume, and would give him a much needed break. You would have to do the video right though. There was a second person who made a resume with him playing tennis and working out. That is just rediculous. If you a video with your resume in it and got creative, than that would be cool.

No comments: